Pan-Seared Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce

Our local Aldi recently had salmon fillets on sale.  I have never tried to cook salmon before, but at that price, I thought it was the time to try.  Salmon, I know, has the tendency to taste "fish-ier" than other types of fish, so I wanted to really cover it with seasonings and spices.  I pan-seared the fillets and topped them with hollandaise sauce.  My husband's EXACT words were, "Holy crap, that's good."  It wasn't a shout; he did not even look up from his plate.  It was simply a statement, and the best compliment I could get!  So here is my recipe for "Holy Crap Salmon"


I used two thawed boneless, skinless salmon fillets.  My husband complained that I had not made enough, so for next time I'll double it, even if it only for the two of us.


I used oregano, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt.  Grind the spices up to a fine, powder-ish consistancy. 

Place the salmon season side down in a drizzling of hot olive oil to sear them.  Let them cook on that side for 2-3 minutes (until they are golden brown), then flip them over and cook the underside until they are done.  Be careful not to overcook salmon; it dries out very easily.

Hollandaise Sauce:
Ingredients- 3 egg yolks, 1 stick (8 oz) butter (melted), splash of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
In a blender or food processor, blend the egg yolks.  Slowly, with the motor still running, add the hot, melted butter.  Pour the sauce into a small bowl. Add a small splash of lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.  If your sauce is too thick, add a teaspoon of hot water. Stir away.

Top your cooked salmon fillet with the hollandaise sauce and enjoy!

We sure did!

Comments

  1. I wish I could just reach out and have a piece. This looks so good!!!!!!!! Thanks for providing the recipe, I will try for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking this to Handmade Tuesdays. I think it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering, I love salmon so will have to give this a try, and thanks for the hollondaise recipe, I usually buy it in a packet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoops meant to say hollandaise!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, THAT's hollandaise sauce. Love salmon, will have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We try to have salmon regularly, so I will defiitely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does sound really good!! We don't have fish a lot, because of the price. I would like to try this recipe at some point, though.

    Thanks for linking up to Romance on a Dime!! I'm pinning this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts