Start Spreading the News...

Last week, the high school band my husband directs had the great pleasure of an end-of-the-year trip to The Big Apple!  We drove over night on two buses, but it was so worth it!  For so many of the students, this was their first time being north of Tennessee.  To see how excited they were made me so happy.  We had a great group of kids going, and everyone had a blast.  We went to Central Park, Chinatown, Times Square, The NY Philharmonic, Spiderman on Broadway, the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, plus many other amazing stops!  We are exhausted today, but the memories made will last a lifetime!

Times Square in the Rain.  Luckily our hotel sold cheap umbrellas!

What we could see waiting in line for the ferry to The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island


New York City Skyline from the ferry

Lady Liberty

We found an old member of Andrew's family on a memorial wall on Ellis Island.

The Fountain at Central Park

Reflecting on Chinatown


Needless to say, I took way more pictures than what I've shown here.  I will be making a New York Scrapbook when I get free time, and I'll post it as soon as I get it finished.  I made sure to keep any and every ticket we used for all the sights and attractions.  I can't wait to get it started!

Comments

Popular Posts