My husband's new favorite




I made this meal for dinner last night using a recipe I found on Pinterest as my starting point.  The original recipe only called for sour cream, parmesan, and chicken, and it sounded really good, but I can't leave well-enough alone!

Ingredients:
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
cooked, crumbled bacon
onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
chicken breasts
Italian bread crumbs

Directions
Set the oven to 350. Combine first four rows of ingredients in a bowl, kind of tasting as you go to get the seasonings right. Salt and pepper the chicken.  Spoon the sour cream mixture over the chicken breasts and top with a sprinkling of bread crumbs.  To bake, I lined a glass baking dish with aluminum foil and set a cooling rack on top of that. That way the heat goes evenly around the chicken, and it doesn't have to sit in all the liquids.  Bake for 40 minutes.


 
For the side dish, I used some boil-in-the-bag rice, boiled in 4 cups of chicken broth rather than water.  It adds SO MUCH flavor to the rice. I could eat it plain. I put it in the bottom of a casserole dish. Then, because I'm a cheater, I microwaved two individual servings of broccoli with cheese sauce and dumped them on top of the rice. I topped everything with a mixture of shredded cheese, grated parmesan, and Italian bread crumbs.  I baked it during the chicken's last ten minutes just to get all the cheese to melt.

My husband said this is his new favorite dish!

Comments

Popular Posts