What a perfect day

Today was perfect. Not because my house is as clean as it should be. Not because I made a gourmet meal. Not because I got everything done on my to-do list. Today was perfect because I got to spend it in its entirety with my daughter. 

She had a stomach ache for a little while this afternoon. She just wanted to be held. So I held her. We rocked and sang songs. She finally took a nap, but she woke up crying. She gets night terrors sometimes, so she's not really awake when she's crying. I picked her up, and we sat in the recliner until it stopped. What stopped it this time? Me, reading Psalm 23 out of her story book Bible. She pointed to the pictures of the sheep and the shepherd. She rested her head against me and relaxed. 

She played in her bouncer. She played in her play house. She played in her bath. 

After bathtime, I put her pajamas on her, and we stayed in her room listening to Disney music. I would sing, and she would clap and bob and sway. We laughed and laughed until she was snorting and my cheeks were sore. 

I am so blessed to have been called to be this little girl's mama. I thank God for putting her in our family and entrusting me with her care. I pray that she continues to grow and that I am there for it all. She amazes me everyday. She's at the age now where she is learning so much so quickly. It's almost been a year since she turned us into a family of three and our world upside down. I wouldn't have it any other way. 


Comments

Popular Posts