Antiqued Old English Table


This is another favorite! It started out so beautiful, even as plain wood. 


The woman who wanted it painted asked for a beige color with distressing. I started with a very thin coat of the beige, leaving the wood still showing. 


Even this was pretty! I added another coat and covered it completely to meet the client's wishes. The color was really pretty and silky smooth. 

I took it outside and sanded it down on the edges and legs. After that, I tried something I hadn't used before: antiquing glaze. Here you can see the glaze on the left and without glaze on the right. 


You can see that the glaze just added a richness and really made the distressed areas stand out. I absolutely love the tone it added. It was really simple to apply.  I used a sponge brush to apply a thin coat and wiped off the excess with a slightly damp cloth.  

It is such a gorgeous piece! I am thankful to have been able to create it!





Comments

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts