Low carb, crust-less "Meatza" Pizza


It was another long day of doctor's offices, pharmecies, and a very sick little girl. On top of the flu, which she can no longer be treated for because of a reaction to Tamiflu, my poor girl has a double ear infection. She's so pitiful. 

After how long today has been, it would have been so easy to have ordered a pizza or gone to pick up fast food. I just wanted something quick, easy, and comforting. Pizza did sounds pretty good. 

I've seen recipes for "Meatza," a meat-crust pizza. I figured I'd give it a shot. It kind of sounds weird, but really it's just like a really big, really flat meatball. 

Ingredients
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 c shredded parmesan
1 egg
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper

Directions
Mix all the ingredients together by hand. 
Spread out on a sheet cake pan or another pan with sides. It doesn't have to go all the way out to the edges. I made mine rounded on the sides and about 1/2" thick throughout. Bake for 20 minutes at 450. Remove from the oven.  If there is any grease, blot it with a paper towel. There shouldn't be a lot since this is made with ground turkey. If you use ground beef, there will be much more. You can top your crust any way you want. I made my husband's half with marinara sauce, pepperoni, and shredded cheese. I made mine with alfredo sauce, spinach, mushrooms, and shredded cheese. Return the pizza tithe oven and broil until the cheese is bubbling. The dish is really filling since it's made primarily with meat. My husband and I both only ate two of our four slices. 





The best part of the dish was the sweet P managed to eat a little of it- the first real food she's had since lunch on Sunday. Anything she wants to eat, she can have! 

I'm staying home with her again tomorrow, so I'll have the leftovers for lunch. I love it when lunch cooks itself! 


Comments

Popular Posts