Low Carb Shrimp and Cauliflower "Grits"


I know I keep saying that I have a new favorite recipe, but for real this time. This one tops the list. Low carbs; TONS of flavor! I even like it better than the "real thing."

I cheated a little bit with this meal and bought frozen, pre-cooked shrimp. After they thawed, I heated over high heat with two tbs butter and garlic powder, onion powder, Tony's seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste. Once the butter had melted and was bubbling, I added 1/4 c almond milk and 1/4 c grated parmesan so stirred it until it turned into a creamy sauce. If it's too thin, add a bit of cornstarch; if it's too thick, add more almond milk. 

For the cauliflower, I cooked it in four cups of chicken broth until it was soft, and I drained the broth. Then I used my immersion blender to purée it. You can also use a regular blender or a food processor. I returned it to medium heat and melted in 1/4 block of cream cheese and a small handful of shredded cheddar, added a handful of bacon bits, and seasoned it with salt and pepper. I heaped a pile of the cauliflower on a plate and topped it with the shrimp and parmesan sauce. 

The real test was serving it to my husband. I fixed his plate and brought it to him. By the time I had my plate ready, his was empty. And he HATES cauliflower!! He said, "You have to share this. Everyone needs to know how good this is." 

So by my husband's orders, here you go! Enjoy! We sure did. 


Comments

Popular Posts