Low Carb Buffalo-Style Fried Pork Chops with Bleu Cheese Sauce

Wasn't yesterday so beautiful? I was here in my section of Alabama. Finally a warm, sunny day! We played outside, blew bubbles, and went for a walk. Someone in my neighborhood was grilling burgers. I joked with my husband that we should just walk until we found the grill and invite ourselves over! But after walking the neighborhood and smelling those burgers on the grill, we were hungry, and I knew dinner needed to be good!

I had pork chops thawed, but I didn't know what I wanted to do with them. I asked some of my Instagram followers what they like to do, and they had some fantastic ideas that I will definitely have to try. Unfortunately, I didn't have some of the ingredients needed for their recipes, so I had to try something else with what I had. I scoured the fridge and found buffalo sauce and Bleu cheese crumbles. Score!! Buffalo-style fried pork chops with a bleu cheese sauce!!


Ingredients
For chops:
4 pork chops (I used thin, center cut)
1 egg
1/4 c almond milk
1/4 c buffalo sauce
1 qt bag of pork rinds, crushed
Salt and pepper
Oil for frying

For sauce:
1 c almond milk
1/4 c bleu cheese crumbles (more for a stronger taste)
1/2 c grated Parmesan

Directions
For pork chops:
Heat oil over medium-low heat (1/2" deep)
While oil is heating up, salt and pepper both sides of the chops. Combine egg, milk, and buffalo sauce. Dip chops into egg mixture. Coat both sides of the chops with the crushed pork rinds. Fry for 6 minutes on each side. 

For sauce:
Heat almond milk to near-boiling. Add bleu cheese and melt into milk. Reduce heat to simmer. Add parmesan and stir well. Allow to simmer to thicken. Sauce will thicken more as it stands. Add more almond milk if it gets too thick. 


I served these chops with steamed broccoli topped with grated Parmesan. It was the perfect Sunday dinner! And the leftovers were great for lunch today!


Comments

Popular Posts