Low Carb Shrimp Taco Bites


Don't you hate it when you forget to take meat out of the freezer to thaw!?! That was my situation last night. It was almost dinner time and I really wasn't looking forward to having to order out because my sleepy-head self had forgotten to take something out for dinner. I went to take a look in the deep freezer to see if maybe- just maybe- there was something there to save the day. 

Yep. 

Day saved. 

I had a package of shrimp lying there just waiting to be turned into something delicious. 


I knew I wanted something with a Mexican flare. Shrimp tacos sounded great, but I wanted something a little more fun and fancy. I decided on taco bites. I took my 8" low carb tortillas and cut them into fourths. I shaped them into cups by placing them in my muffin tin; no oil or spray needed. Baked at 375 for 15 minutes, they came out golden-brown and crunchy. 


For the shrimp, I sautéed them in about 2 tbsp butter and seasoned them with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, and a little salt. Salt just enhances the flavor of the other seasonings. It can be left out of you're watching your sodium intake. 

Once the shrimp and tortilla bowls were cooked, I stuffed the bowls with lettuce, diced avocado, a few shrimp, sour cream, salsa verde, and lime juice. 


These little cups were so addictive! They'd be perfect for a party, lunch, snack, or dinner. And aren't they so much more fun than a regular taco?!

Comments

Popular Posts