Stuffed Avocados




My husband is out of town with his students for their band trip, and my daughter spent the night with her grandparents last night so I could work on some class work.  I don't quite know what to do with a house to myself!  I stayed up late at a friend's house just talking. Before I'd realized it, it was 1:30 am! I slept in this morning until nearly 10:00, which was glorious! I haven't done that in years! I enjoyed a quiet, relaxing morning all to myself with a cup of my favorite coffee.  I wish every week could be spring break!

I even cooked a real breakfast today, and it was delicious! Not an egg in sight! Most low carb breakfasts I've found are all egg-based, and  I'm just a little tired of them. These yummies are strictly meat, cheese, and avocado.  Delicious!

Ingredients
2 avocados, halved and pit removed
1/2 lb ground sausage
2 tbsp cream cheese
Seasonings to taste (onion powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes)
Shredded cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to broil. In a hot skillet, heat sausage. Scoop out most of the insides of the avocado halves, saving the skins. Set aside. When the sausage is about half-way cooked, add the cream cheese.  Melt and mix throughout.  Reduce heat.  Add avocado.  Stir to combine.  Season to taste. Drain excess oil. Fill avocado skins with sausage mixture. Top with shredded cheese.  Broil until cheese is bubbly and golden.

Tons of protein in the sausage, healthy oils and fats in the avocado... This is everything you could ask for in a low carb breakfast!




Comments

Popular Posts